- Planning activities for the entire year at an initial planning meeting usually helps to avoid conflicts. Everyone brings their calendars to see when vacations, Jewish holidays and important events are coming up. Decide on meeting dates – preferably the same week and day of the month (example: 3rd Saturday night of every month). Set up the dates for the year so that the majority of people can make those dates.
- Each couple/individual volunteers to take one or more of the dates, and agrees to ‘host’ that event. Make a schedule of the dates, events and people responsible and send it to everyone in the Havurah. At this time, it is also a good idea to create a roster with names, names of children and ages, address, phone numbers and email addresses. You may want to include birthdays, and anniversary dates too. Please send a copy of your Havurah roster to the Havurah Coordinator. This will help them to know who belongs to Havurah groups and allows them to make joint activities possible.
- Each host couple/individual should contact all the members of the havurah with the date, time, location (map if necessary), and information about the next activity as the date draws near.
- Refreshments, a dinner outing beforehand or a potluck organized by the host(s) can be part of any activity (and usually are)!
- Everyone misses a meeting occasionally, but you must decide to make this new group of friends a priority.
- Try not to “pick and choose”, or attend only those events that interest you most. Give something new a try. And remember, the purpose of joining a Havurah is to get involved and to make new friends. It’s not a group without YOU!
Some Basic Guidelines for a Successful Havurah
Messages from your Rabbinic Search Committee
For more information, please visit the Rabbinic Search Information page.
Caring Connections and More
I Care, We Care, TEC Cares!
For more information and to be a part of Caring Connections visit our page.
Volunteer opportunity: The ALS Association is looking for volunteers to visit home-bound people with ALS once a week. Teens would be welcome. Please contact with Barbara Porush: 818-429-5686; b[email protected]
Bereavement Support Group Open to the Community: Our Bereavement group will meet every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month.
Al-Anon meets every Wednesday at TEC, 7:00-8:15PM.
Be Involved - Click here for a calendar of upcoming events.
Refuah Shelamah Requests - Can't make it to shul for a friend or loved one in need of a prayer for healing? Send in any name you would like read at services (Shabbat, minyan or other) and a dedicated Temple congregant will stand and read the name. Just email your request to refuah.[email protected] with the details of the individual in need of healing. It is that easy and simple! Because No one should be without a voice.
Parent and Me Classes - Wednesdays, 9:15 AM -10:30 AM. Storytime, art, music, Jewish traditions, crafts, and so much more.
Be The Change - USY Tzedakah campaign - Are you ready to be the change? Suggested donation of $5.
Summer Smash: Enroll Today! Space is Limited! 10% Discount if Enrolled by April 1st! See our Summer Smash Information Page for details. Don't miss it.
Argentenors Concert - There were lots of rehearsals, lots of email blasts, but it all came together when we saw our very own Hazzan Pablo Duek perform with his fellow Cantors at the Argentenors Concert! If you weren't able to attend, we've got your back.
Jvillage, our website host and content provider, has constructed an informative guide filled with useful information, recipes and crafts.
Women of TEC Judaica Shop
Visit the Women of TEC Judaica Shop at Temple Etz Chaim! We carry a wide selection of Judaica gifts for every occasion. Visit the Women of TEC Judaica Shop web page for hours and featured items!
Infant Care Now Registering!
Infant Care Now Registering!
Now Offering Full-time Infant Care from 3 months on.
Small caretaker - child ratio.
Full Time Monday to Friday 7:30am - 6:00pm.
Space fills up fast, plan ahead and reserve your spot! To schedule a tour please contact the pre-school office at (805) 497-6852 or email us at [email protected].
Support Temple Etz Chaim everytime you shop
Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases when you shop at AmazonSmile - smile.amazon.com.
Agoura Hills Hand Car Wash "Wash Bucks" Program
Find out here how you can help support TEC every time you wash your car or shop at Agoura Hills Hand Car Wash.
Earn Funds for TEC
When you search and shop with GoodSearch, you help Temple Etz Chaim earn money. How? Good Search is a search engine which donates 50-percent of its renveue to the charities and schools designated by its users.