Just outside of the Paskow Sanctuary, we are proud to display a Holocaust Memorial Torah Scroll (MST #1181) from the Pinkas Synagogue in Prague. Generously on permanent loan to us from The Memorial Scrolls Trust (www.memorialscrollstrust.org), a museum and non-profit based at Westminster Synagogue in London, which is dedicated to the preservation of almost 1,600 Czech Torah Scrolls from communities that were wiped out during the Holocaust.
The Pinkas Synagogue is the second oldest preserved synagogue in Prague. It is currently a museum dedicated to the almost 80,000 Jews of Moravia and Bohemia who perished in the Holocaust. Our beautiful scroll is from the 18th century and a testimony to the fortitude and endurance of Jewish heritage throughout the ages.